I wonder where I'm going to get the mental willpower to continue training and playing after recovering from an injury. Today marked the start of me returning to training after the hiatus from the sprain. And it was not good at all. My ankle injury felt like an anchor (no pun intended) weighing down on me, docking me to shore, preventing me from sailing out and discovering my potential. Probably because I keep hesistating on my movement for fear of aggravating my injury and that in turn minimises my agility and movement which is vital cos I am a damn goalie. That feeling is just damn sucky and demoralising and honestly, even though given my experience from last year, I am not even confident of securing first team position this year.
Fark, I am determined not to be a benchwarmer. Vision without action is just an illusion. That shall be my mantra from now on.